About

Monday, January 17, 2011

Oh, Coca-Cola... How I love thee.

Oh my dear, I've been away from you too long. When I get home tonight, I will wrap my arms lovingly around your petite hourglass figure, and softly touch my lips to your rim. I will drink heavily from you, your sweet nectar softly touching my tongue. I will love you tenderly until I have drained you completely, and I apologize, but I will only throw you away in the end to replace you with a fresher, fuller version of you. A version that can supply me with all I need in a relationship. It's a sad, cold truth, but alas, it is indeed the truth. You knew how this would end the moment you beckoned me from the convenience store cooler.

You're the only one who can keep me up late at night with your high caffeine content. The only one who can conjure up random thoughts in my brain like "I wonder how old Kevin Bacon was in Flashdance? And while I wiki him, I may as well look up what year Tremors was released. I love campy horror movies. OHMYGOD! It was released on VHS! I should get a VCR so I can play that shit! ...I wonder if they ever made a laserdisc version of that because even though nobody has a laserdisc player anymore, it would still be cool to find Tremors on laserdisc because who the hell has a that movie on laserdisc and wouldn't it be even cooler if I could find an actual laserdisc player because those things are rare, but they aren't really worth anything and I could get one really cheap I imagine and WOW the word 'laserdisc' isn't even recognized as a word by Firefox and I wonder what it would be like to be the guy who invented laserdisc in the first place because his only claim to fame is inventing technology that never caught on and that nobody likes because it's like a DVD, but it's FUCKING HUGE like a record and OHMYGOD I should get a record player because there seems to be a lot of albums being released on vinyl lately and I think it would be cool because none of my friends have a record player and I'd be like the only one."

Even now as I place you on my coffee table, I still want to reach out and touch you again. Our tryst will come to an end soon, but I will always remember you for what you gave me. That sweet, sweet caffeine high. But soon when you're empty and gone, I will feel the crash coming on, and I will only collapse onto the couch, longing for the moment when I can touch you again, and see your sweet red label once more.

I love you, Coke. I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment