About

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Buster gets drunk: A recollection of events

It was late fall during 2009. It was the weekend, and I had just cashed a $500 paycheck. It was also karaoke night at my favorite bar.

I had planned on showing up 20-30 minutes early to the bar, to have a few drinks, and "loosen up" a little bit before I went up and started singing. But... I was home from work early, and I didn't have anything better to do. I cleaned myself up, and went to the bar. It was 5:00 in the afternoon. Karaoke didn't start for another four hours.

When I got to the bar, I was greeted by a cousin I hadn't seen in a few years. He offered to buy me a shot, and I'm not one to turn down free alcohol. One shot turned into another, and another, and another. Before I knew it, I was drunk.

By this time, my uncle had shown up. I'm a little tipsy, but being new to the regular drinking scene, I GREATLY overestimated my alcohol tolerance.

After talking to me for a minute or so, he offers to buy me a beer. I gladly accepted the beer, and drank it down just a LITTLE too eagerly.

No comments:

Post a Comment